A knowledge hub supporting Yorkshire-based communities, companies and governments to implement a sustainable circular economy.
To support companies and communities in their transition towards a circular economy.
Hosted by the University of Leeds the lab links academic and operational knowledge to co-create solutions to real-real world problems.
Plans for the Yorkshire Circular Lab were co-produced with stakeholders across the region. Together, we developed a partnership to deliver on five priority areas for action:
- Develop a knowledge and tools hub to make scientific evidence accessible for practitioners, with examples, manuals and implementation tools for policy and business, and involving communities for behaviour change and skills development.
- Bridge research and implementation with student education and research projects.
- Build a community of circular economy stakeholders and offer continuity for collaborative implementation of a circular economy in Yorkshire.
- Support circular economy implementation by partners outside universities, through dedicated projects, awareness raising and advice.
- Monitor progress in circular economy practice and regularly evaluate demand for support, proactively covering gaps in circular economy capacity and avoiding duplication of efforts.
Click here for Circular Economy Initiatives across Yorkshire and the Humber
A note from Everyday People
Featured profiles are not recommendations. You are the best person to decide what is right for your business.