The first stop for small and medium-sized businesses to make a climate commitment, access practical resources and benefit from incentives.
The UK Business Climate Hub provides net zero advice for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in the UK.
How it works
Make the SME Climate Commitment today and start taking immediate action.
By making the SME Climate Commitment, your company agrees to:
- halve its greenhouse gas emissions before 2030
- achieve net zero emissions before 2050
- disclose progress on a yearly basis
To achieve your net zero goals, your business should complete the following steps within 6 months of making the commitment:
- Calculate your current greenhouse gas emissions. You can use the Business Carbon Calculator on the SME Climate Hub or another tool as long as it gives accurate results.
- Set short- and medium-term goals for emission reductions, such as switching to renewable energy and reducing business travel emissions.
- Make a plan to achieve your emission reduction targets.
- Start taking action to reduce emissions from the identified key areas.
- Encourage businesses within your network to take action.
When you make the commitment you will:
- be able to download the SME Climate Hub logo to include on your shop front, website and other marketing materials
- use SME Climate Hub communication resources and social media campaigns to raise your voice and share your climate action story
In this way, you will be sending a message to your clients and your community that you are taking steps to do your part to address the climate emergency.
A little note from us at Everyday People
Profiles are not recommendations - we're spoilt for choice, plus you're the best person to decide what is right for your business.