Helping your profits bloom by writing fresh Google-friendly content and pruning overgrown websites. Affordable, no-nonsense approach with more than 20 years' experience writing for the web.
Every year I volunteer or work at a reduced rate for charities and not-for-profit organisations close to my heart. This year’s quota is full.
Organisations I volunteer for:
Member of the Good Business Charter
I am proud to be a member of the Good Business Charter initiative, committing to timely invoice payments and paying my fair share of tax.
Working for First Choice Holidays as their first e-commerce web editor.
11 years managing the websites and social media of the Lake District National Park Authority.
I turned freelance in 2014. Since then I've worked with many businesses, from holiday cottages to cathedrals.
• English (BA Hons.) from the University of Cambridge
• Recipe for SEO Success graduate – nine-week online course by Australia’s leading copywriter
• CPD with The Clever Copywriting School
• Superfast NY courses: Website Content, Social Media for Business, Social Media Plus
• Henshall Centre courses: Writing for the Web, How to Vodcast, Digital PR, Photography
• Broadcast Media course: Dealing with the media on radio and TV
Providing professional, friendly text which reflects you and your business.
Proud to have been invited to become a member of Hiscox Business Club in York
Member of the Professional Copywriters’ Network
Member of The Clever Copywriting School
Volunteer social media editor for the Historical Novel Society
Google-friendly web content
Blogs, case studies and social media posts
Managing and upgrading web content migration
For a freelance SEO copywriter, every project is different. But here’s an example of the tasks needed to create the content for a brand-new home interiors website:
- Have a chat to establish target audiences, unique selling points (USPs) and ‘brand voice’.
- Research key competitor websites and keyword searches.
- Draw up a navigation and page structure.
- Write fresh Google-friendly copy.
- Write Search Engine Optimisation elements to help with Google rankings
- Deliver these as Word documents for a website software developer to add into the website.
A little note from us at Everyday People
Profiles are not recommendations - we're spoilt for choice, plus you're the best person to decide what is right for your business.